- Women in a Global Perspective
- Criminal Justice: Race, Gender, and Crime
- Sociology: Race, Class, Gender, and Film
- Probability and Statistics
- Intro to Chemistry Survery
When the director of Student Health Services tells you she’s impressed by you and your work and that she wants your help with future projects that’s when you know you’re doing well.
Today was wonderful. Excited for the last FMLA meeting of the semester tomorrow.
Advocates for Youth interviewed me for their end of the year newsletter which will reach 65,000 people. The interview is over FMLA and our work on ETSU’s campus.
- “I’ve worked security at ETSU for years and all the rape claims were lies.”
- “None of this happened until Obama took office.” [“This” meaning fights in Buc Ridge and shootings in Campus Ridge.]
- “I served in Iraq, so I know real problems.” [After I talked about how many rapes occur on college campuses.]
Due to Buc Ridge’s (useless) new security procedure if I want to have a guest over (or even just have someone pick me up from my apartment) I have to walk down to the Buc Ridge opening to sign them in. I wouldn’t have a problem with this except you only have to do this at night. Meaning if I want to go out to eat with a friend at midnight I have to either
- walk alongside the main road (this is the long way and takes about 15 minutes) and risk being hit by a car due to no sidewalk
- or walk down the secluded dark path (no lights or streetlights or emergency phone) surrounded by trees and other areas where you can’t see if someone is hiding.
I have a problem with this and decided to bring it up with the security guard on duty. He was rude and ignorant, so the conversation got heated. He insinuated I was lazy. He didn’t care about the risk. He refused to tell me who his supervisor is. He said that I should just not have guests if I I had a problem with their “security” system.
I have had a million problems with Buc Ridge. Dear all future and current ETSU students: Do not ever live in Buc Ridge.
Next year when I’m working the freshmen orientations I’m going to tell each and every freshman I can the misery of Buc Ridge and their constant failure and lack of concern or respect for their occupants. I must warn them.
Yeah I’m all for your cause and such. I mean, yay womanpower and all that.
Condescending organizer of Freedom Rocks